Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ever have to make up your mind?

Here's a link to the article about making up your mind; its not about choosing a yarn color, but I think there are a lot of transferable concepts. I guess I had this on the brain because on 2.14.07 I was having an NPR binge at work, and this interview came on, and then I went to pick out a yarn color, and had a fairly bad case of option paralysis. So here ya go, Knit Nookers - I did make up my mind to post a link to the article, after all. It's a strange article; I had no idea.

In other knit news, today I took the sweater with me to lunch at Arbies, cuz I'm realizing if I don't start taking advantage of small increments of time, I'll be giving it to myself as a birthday present (mid-summer). I think it was Shizknit who told me she loves to knit in public. I dunno, about it, though. The Arbie's manager came over and started asking me about knitting. Then we swapped war stories about broken ankles; he and I agreed - broken ankles are the freakin' worst pain in the world. Jus' chop my foot off and get it over with, thanks.

Instead of knitting tonight, I did three weeks worth of laundry - folded and put it away,vacuumed my room with the shop vac (it was lifting the carpet off the floor - feel the clean!), boxed up all the books from the past six years of school and put them in the attic, organized and shelved the books I still want to read/re-read (including the Human Development books which make me feel like an emotionally crippled social-retard), washed/dusted all the woodwork and furniture in the room, finally installed the videocamera software so I can video-Skype me pals overseas, flipped the mattress, made the bed, gave Mad Max some attention, fed the fish, and then wrote this blog entry instead of going grocery shopping. All of this was obviously fueled by the three large Diet Dr. Pepper's I had at lunch (it really does taste like regular Dr. Pepper, by the way - flavor: awesome).

Now, I'm gonna read a bit before going to bed. I can't knit before sleeping - I won't put it down. But I can't read about knitting - I won't put that down either.


My first E. Zimmermann book and the yarn for my first sweater.
Choosing the book: easy. Choosing the yarn: RRRGH!! (insert Leo sound here).


Two of my fish in the 55g.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, Kevin! You made me laugh! (Especially the Dr. Pepper plug--do you think that if you talk about Dr. Pepper enough that they'll send you some for free?)

Wolfgang said...

Ha! Love the "Leo sound".

Knitting in public is, in fact, awesome. See - it's a great conversation starter. Maybe you'll find you a knit-loving-lady.

And congrats on your pre-spring cleaning.

erika g. said...

Dr pepper story very funny! Neat yarn, that will be a cool sweater. I beat you will get a lot of comliments from the ladies. (speaking of knitting in public)I was knitting on the plane to Utah last week and the flight attendent told my row mates to stop talking to me so he could see me finish the Beer Gloves!Ha!

Jan said...

Kevin, sign up for the Google adsense service and then you can add as many ads as you desire to your blog